The ACME NH90 Dynamic Motion Seat
ACME’s NH90 helicopter dynamic motion seats are a combination of vehicle crew seats with electric motion components built inside the seat. The seats look, feel, and function like actual crew seats, and provide cues to emulate sensations felt during the vehicle or in-flight operations.
ACME seats translate simulator acceleration signals into realistic, convincing motion. True Q® seats provide a higher level of cueing, where the motion IS training, for example feeling unique signature sensations such as translation lift between Helicopters vertical and horizontal flight or the difference between a helicopter rotor out of balance or a blade of track.
The seats use a patented electric system with individual motion plates/pans, providing cues directly to the crew’s body. It’s the effect of multiple channels in the seat working seamlessly together that provides complete, realistic, immersive cueing. The COTS core motion system inside is adaptable to any external seat shape or form so we can provide motion seats for nearly any Military & Commercial simulator.
NH90 Helicopter Facts
The NHIndustries NH90 is a medium sized, twin-engine, multi-role military helicopter. It was developed and is manufactured by NHIndustries, which is wholly owned by Airbus Helicopters, AgustaWestland and Fokker Aerostructures. There are two main variants, the Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) for Army use and the naval NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH), but each have several sub-types with different weapons, sensors and cabins.
The NH90 was developed in response to NATO requirements for a battlefield helicopter that was also capable of being operated in the naval environment. The first prototype had its maiden flight in December 1995; the type began entering service in 2007. As of 2013, a total of thirteen nations have ordered the NH90 with deliveries starting in 2006.
ACME Dynamic Motion Seats Helicopter Type Images
ACME NH90 Dynamic Motion Seat
- NH90 End User: French Navy NH90 Helicopter Simulators 2 Shipsets
- NH90 End User: French Army NH90 Helicopter Simulators 1 Shipset
- NH90 End User: Finnish Navy NH90 Helicopter Simulators 1 Shipset
- Dynamic Motion Seat (DMS)
- Electronics Chassis
- DMS Computer System (Can drive 2 Electronic Chassis and 2 Seats)
- Connecting Cables
- DMS Maintenance Manuals
- Daily Operational Readiness Test (DORT) Software
- Vertical seat adjustments
- Electric motors eliminates expensive hydraulics and maintenance intensive pneumatic systems
- Easy access to system components for maintenance and tuning
- Standard Safety Switches/Systems: Weight on Seat / Loss of Signal at DMS Computer / Crew Enable / Self Monitoring System
ROLE – Multimission Maritime Helicopter
NATIONAL ORIGIN – European
MANUFACTURER – NHIndustries
INTRODUCTION – 18 December 1995
PRIMARY USERS – French Army / Italian Army / Australian Defense Force / Finnish Army