|• Multimission Maritime Helicopter|
|• 18 December 1995|
|• French Army|
|• Italian Army|
|• Australian Defense Force|
|• Finnish Army|
|ACME NH90 DYNAMIC MOTION SEATS DELIVERED|
|• French Army|
|• French Navy|
|• Finnish Navy|
|(Sogitec Industries FR)|
ACME’s NH90 helicopter dynamic motion seats are a combination of vehicle crew seats with electric motion components built inside the seat. The seats look, feel, and function like actual crew seats, and provide cues to emulate sensations felt during the vehicle or in-flight operations.
ACME seats translate simulator acceleration signals into realistic, convincing motion. True Q® seats provide a higher level of cueing, where the motion IS training, for example feeling unique signature sensations such as translation lift between Helicopters vertical and horizontal flight or the difference between a helicopter rotor out of balance or a blade of track.
The seats use a patented electric system with individual motion plates/pans, providing cues directly to the crew’s body. It’s the effect of multiple channels in the seat working seamlessly together that provides complete, realistic, immersive cueing.
The COTS core motion system inside is adaptable to any external seat shape or form so we can provide motion seats for nearly any Military & Commercial simulator.
In fact, we’ve produced dynamic motion seats for training systems worldwide including land vehicles such as locomotives, and Humvee-trucks, helicopters including AH-64, Multiple H-60 models, NH90, CV-22s, and fighter jets including like M346, F-15, F-16, & T-50.
ACME’s True Q® motion seats are an ideal way to cost-effectively add realistic motion cueing to any Sim. Motion Seats are much less expensive that motion platforms and offer much greater cueing than seat or platform shakers and ACME seats can provide unique cues such as yaw twist simply not available in platforms or shakers.
The NHIndustries NH90 is a medium sized, twin-engine, multi-role military helicopter. It was developed and is manufactured by NHIndustries, which is wholly owned by Airbus Helicopters, AgustaWestland and Fokker Aerostructures. There are two main variants, the Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) for Army use and the naval NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH), but each have several sub-types with different weapons, sensors and cabins.
The NH90 was developed in response to NATO requirements for a battlefield helicopter that was also capable of being operated in the naval environment. The first prototype had its maiden flight in December 1995; the type began entering service in 2007. As of 2013, a total of thirteen nations have ordered the NH90 with deliveries starting in 2006.
ACME Worldwide Enterprises Dynamic Motion Seats are in the 5th Generation of evolution. The product line is robust and well-tested to be used in a high-intensity training environment. ACME offers a military grade solution for delivering patented motion cueing to any NH90 Simulator or Part Task Trainer.
Standard NH90 True Q® Dynamic Motion Seat Features:
ACME True Q® DMS offers many standard base features for your simulator motion solutions.
- Dynamic Motion Seat (DMS)
- Electronics Chassis
- DMS Computer System (Can drive 2 Electronic Chassis and 2 Seats)
- Connecting Cables
- DMS Maintenance Manuals
- Daily Operational Readiness Test (DORT) Software
- DMS Autotest – Capability that performs a complete performance test on the seat. All axis are exercised to verify the displacement, velocity, and acceleration performance of the seat using sensors that are independent of the normal drive equipment. This test is used to verify the DMS meets or exceeds all required performance criteria and to establish a performance baseline. The baseline can then be compared throughout the life cycle of the DMS for certification and maintenance purposes.
- Vertical seat adjustments
- Electric motors eliminates expensive hydraulics and maintenance intensive pneumatic systems
- Easy access to system components for maintenance and tuning
- Standard Safety Switches/Systems: Weight on Seat / Loss of Signal at DMS Computer / Crew Enable / Self Monitoring System
The ACME True Q® Dynamic Motion Seat (DMS) is a cost effective method of providing motion cues to a pilot or other vehicle operator. The dynamic seat adds inertial cues experienced in the operational system, whether its an aircraft, ground vehicle or other platform. Motion cues enhance the immersive experience of simulation, enabling better training and operator experience. The Dynamic Motion Seat delivers state-of-the-art performance providing vibration and motion cues in five independent axes of control giving you a full 6 DOF system. It uses three directions of movement – vertical, longitudinal, and lateral plus has differential surge that combines with sway motion to replicate roll.
Rotary Aircraft Simulation Training Value
The ACME True Q® Dynamic Motion Seats (DMS) set a new standard of value in the simulation world. The Rotary Aircraft DMS provides a motion training solution with the highest value including simulated feel of:
- Aircraft pitch, roll, and yaw
- Touchdown bump or tire problems
- Runway rumble, runway expansion joint bumps,
- Helicopter rotor malfunctions such as main rotor out-of-track, out-of-balance, or delaminating
- Gunfire vibrations, weapons fly-out
- Obstruction impacts