ACME’s NH90 helicopter dynamic motion seats are a combination of vehicle crew seats with electric motion components built inside the seat. The seats look, feel, and function like actual crew seats, and provide cues to emulate sensations felt during the vehicle or in-flight operations. ACME seats translate simulator acceleration signals into realistic, convincing motion. True Q® seats provide a higher level of cueing, where the motion IS training, for example feeling unique signature sensations such as translation lift between Helicopters vertical and horizontal flight or the difference between a helicopter rotor out of balance or a blade of track.
The NHIndustries NH90 is a medium sized, twin-engine, multi-role military helicopter. It was developed and is manufactured by NHIndustries, which is wholly owned by Airbus Helicopters, AgustaWestland and Fokker Aerostructures. There are two main variants, the Tactical Transport Helicopter (TTH) for Army use and the naval NATO Frigate Helicopter (NFH), but each have several sub-types with different weapons, sensors and cabins. The NH90 was developed in response to NATO requirements for a battlefield helicopter that was also capable of being operated in the naval environment. The first prototype had its maiden flight in December 1995; the type began entering service in 2007. As of 2013, a total of thirteen nations have ordered the NH90 with deliveries starting in 2006.
ACME Worldwide Enterprises Dynamic Motion Seats are in the 5th Generation of evolution. The product line is robust and well-tested to be used in a high-intensity training environment. ACME offers a military grade solution for delivering patented motion cueing to any NH-90 Simulator or Part Task Trainer.
Standard NH-90 True Q® Dynamic Motion Seat Features:
ACME True Q® DMS offers many standard base features for your simulator motion solutions.
- Dynamic Motion Seat (DMS)
- Electronics Chassis
- DMS Computer System (Can drive 2 Electronic Chassis and 2 Seats)
- Connecting Cables
- DMS Maintenance Manuals
- Daily Operational Readiness Test (DORT) Software
- DMS Autotest – Capability that performs a complete performance test on the seat. All axis are exercised to verify the displacement, velocity, and acceleration performance of the seat using sensors that are independent of the normal drive equipment. This test is used to verify the DMS meets or exceeds all required performance criteria and to establish a performance baseline. The baseline can then be compared throughout the life cycle of the DMS for certification and maintenance purposes.
- Vertical seat adjustments
- Electric motors eliminates expensive hydraulics and maintenance intensive pneumatic systems
- Easy access to system components for maintenance and tuning
- Standard Safety Switches/Systems: Weight on Seat / Loss of Signal at DMS Computer / Crew Enable / Self Monitoring System