Ejection Skills Trainer – Training with TrueQ®
Bailout! Bailout! Bailout! If it comes down to those three words, crews must be ready and capable to act instantly. No time to wonder, process, or doubt – it’s got to be instinctive . Milliseconds count during an ejection. Any mistake could be disastrous. That’s why training is so important.
ACME TrueQ® seats are great for safely and realistically training for ejection. And, they can save you a ton in infrastructure costs. Here’s how an ACME Ejection Seat Trainer or Ejection Skills Trainer, can help:
Ultra-high fidelity replica ejection seats look, feel and function like the real seats so crews can:
- Practice buckling in, connecting crew harnesses, communication cords, G-suit hoses and oxygen masks.
- Train to arm and safe the seat with realistic levers, handles, and safety pins and an I/O sensor suite that lets instructors see the seat state changes in real-time.
- Learn and practice getting into the optimal position for ejection. Sensors can show the crew and instructor when the crew has their back and shoulders on the seat aligning the spine.
- Rehearse the decision to go
- Practice emergency ground egress and in-flight ejection decisions
- Practice the decision for ground egress vs. ground ejection
- Time the response form emergency to safe ground egress
- Time the response time from emergency to ejection decision
- Train Body positioning so the crews keep their spine straight and load centered
- Build muscle memory for how far and how hard to pull the ejection handle
Improve Training Process
- Safely, effectively train crew on the seat and around the trainer
- Walk around, full-view trainer lets class and instructor see the seat and crew’s responses
- Students can train themselves and each other with simple, push button controls and visual confirmations.
ACME’s ejection trainer is mobile, small-footprint system allows complete training right in the classroom or the office.
- No need for elaborate cockpit with two-story, ejection rail contraptions that require hard mounting in dedicated, large room or hangars.
Reduce Crew Injuries
- An ejection seat will move faster than any crew action after the handle is pulled.
- Practice training the important steps right up to pulling the ejection handle
- No training value and possibility for injury with systems that focus on launching crews out of the cockpit and up the rails on the seat.
Add Motion to Increase Realism
Including ACME’s TrueQ® motion seats are a great way to increase ejection realism
- ACME’s DMS can accelerate at 1.8g vertically to add a strong jolt confirming ejection
- Seat motion can provide jostling and loads to intensify ejection training
- Link motion to visual system and control sticks so crews recognize loss of aircraft control as prep for ejection decision.
Ejection training is much more than just yanking the handle. ACME’s Ejection Skills Trainers offer cost-effective, realistic training that ensure crews are ready in the event of a crisis and need to eject.