Full-Force Recoil, at Full Firing Rate
Recoil is absolutely inherent to firing a weapon. Gunners must deal with the recoil forces. Simulating without recoil is simply not training…it’s gaming.Recoil is absolutely inherent to firing a weapon. Gunners must deal with the recoil forces.
ACME’s Gun Active Recoil System (GAR®) is full-force recoil, at full rate of fire.
With it, you feel real machine gun recoil in your simulator. Feel it. Train with it…in your classroom, without a firing range.
In reality, actual recoil drives the weapon off the target. Train the same way in the simulator with synthetic, full-force recoil. With GAR® technology you can:
- Train gunners to anticipate and adapt to the recoil to keep the weapon on target.
- Train gunners to respect, not fear the recoil.
- Train gunners to recognize when the recoil changes as a weapon malfunctions.
- Train gunners effective trigger control and firing controlled bursts.
- Train for muscle fatigue and accuracy drop over very long shooting situations.
GAR® – How to Get Realistic Recoil
GAR® is a patented, all-electric, plug-it-into-the-wall system. A replica weapon mounts on a GAR® recoil cradle that provides the motion. It’s driven by offboard electronics and managed by simple, powerful software.
Real recoil ensures your gunners train like they will fight. A GAR® provides full-force recoil at any firing angle, at any rate of fire, for the specific weapon.
It’s available for any mounted, crew-served weapon type. And, its full force recoil is available at firing rates up to 3000 rounds-per-minute.