ACME M134 Minigun Gun Active Recoil (GAR®) System
ACME produces M134 machine gun simulators that give the full-force, full rate of recoil feel of the actual weapon in a full scale gun replica that can be mounted on any aircraft, watercraft or vehicle simulator. Our machine gun simulators use a unique, patented all-electric Gun Active Recoil system within the mounting cradle to provide the recoil. ACME’s gun active recoil is the only weapon training system available anywhere that provides training critical, full force recoil using an electric system. ACME produces unique machine gun weapon training systems that feature full-force, all-electric recoil at full rate of fire. ACME’s weapon training systems combine highly realistic replica (non-weapon) guns, our patented, Gun Active Recoil System (GAR®) weapon cradle, and the electronics to drive it.
The M134 Minigun is a 7.62x51 mm NATO, six-barreled machine gun with a high rate of fire (2,000 to 6,000 rounds per minute). It features Gatling-style rotating barrels with an external power source, normally an electric motor. The “Mini” in the name is in comparison to designs that use a similar firing mechanism but larger shells, such as General Electric’s earlier 20-millimeter M61 Vulcan, and “gun” for a caliber size smaller than that of a cannon, typically 20 mm and higher.
The Minigun is used by several branches of the U.S. military. Versions are designated M134 and XM196 by the United States Army, and GAU-2/A and GAU-17/A by the U.S. Air Force and U.S. Navy.
“Minigun” refers to a specific model of weapon that General Electric originally produced, but the term “minigun” has popularly come to refer to any externally powered Gatling gun of rifle caliber. The term is also used to refer to guns of similar rates of fire and configuration regardless of power source and caliber.
Standard GAR® Simulator Features:
ACME Gun Active Recoil Simulators offers many standard base features for your Gun solutions.
- Realistically replicates recoil motion, frequency, and intensity
- Adaptable to ANY small arms weapon or trainer
- Works directly with the existing weapon system trainer/simulator firing signals
- Electric motors eliminates expensive blank rounds and maintenance intensive pneumatic systems
- Variable intensity to fine tune recoil
- Easy access to system components for maintenance and tuning
- Ruggedized systems available to adapt actual weapons for field use
- Actual Handles and Triggers
- 120VAC 15A Wall Power or 12/24VDC from Vehicles