ACME’s M-346 Type Dynamic Motion Seats are simulator (replica) crew seats with sophisticated (high fidelity) motion cueing built in. The seats look, feel, and function like the actual crew seats and translate simulator signals into realistic, convincing vehicle motion sensations for training. True Q® seats provide a higher level of cueing, where the motion IS training. True Q® Motion seats are an excellent way to bring complete, cost-effective motion cueing to any fighter simulator.
The Alenia Aermacchi M-346 Master is a military transonic trainer aircraft. Based on the Yak-130, the M-346 was a joint venture between Yakovlev and Aermacchi. The M-346 is designed for training combat pilots for front line fighter aircraft. It is capable of transonic flight without using an afterburner, which is designed to reduce acquisition and operating costs. Two engines and triple-quadruple redundant systems enhance reliability. The aerodynamic design of the M-346 uses vortex lift to provide maneuverability and controllability at very high angle of attack (up to 40° degrees) using a fly-by-wire control system. The aircraft is powered by two Honeywell F124 engines, and uses a digital flight control system by Teleavio/Marconi in collaboration with BAE Systems, Dowty and Microtecnica for actuators.
The new IBC (Industrial Baseline Configuration) prototype includes a new air brake just behind the cockpit, similar to the Sukhoi Su-30, new landing gear and some structural changes, with the use of more titanium and composite parts in order to reduce weight and production costs. As a result, the prototype weighs 780 kg less than the existing model, providing faster acceleration and climbing, increased maneuverability and max speed, as well as improved fuel capacity (200 kg) and cockpit visibility.
ACME Worldwide Enterprises Dynamic Motion Seats are in the 5th Generation of evolution. The product line is robust and well-tested to be used in a high-intensity training environment. ACME offers a military grade solution for delivering patented motion cueing to any M-346 Simulator or Part Task Trainer.
Standard M-346 True Q® Dynamic Motion Seat Features:
ACME True Q® DMS offers many standard base features for your simulator motion solutions.
- Dynamic Motion Seat (DMS)
- Electronics Chassis
- DMS Computer System (Can drive 2 Electronic Chassis and 2 Seats)
- Connecting Cables
- DMS Maintenance Manuals
- Daily Operational Readiness Test (DORT) Software
- DMS Autotest – Capability that performs a complete performance test on the seat. All axis are exercised to verify the displacement, velocity, and acceleration performance of the seat using sensors that are independent of the normal drive equipment. This test is used to verify the DMS meets or exceeds all required performance criteria and to establish a performance baseline. The baseline can then be compared throughout the life cycle of the DMS for certification and maintenance purposes.
- Vertical seat adjustments
- Electric motors eliminates expensive hydraulics and maintenance intensive pneumatic systems
- Easy access to system components for maintenance and tuning
- Standard Safety Switches/Systems: Weight on Seat / Loss of Signal at DMS Computer / Crew Enable / Self Monitoring System