ACME M-240 Gun Active Recoil (GAR®) System
ACME produces M240 machine gun simulators that give the full-force, full rate of recoil feel of the actual weapon in a full scale gun replica that can be mounted on any aircraft, watercraft or vehicle simulator. Our machine gun simulators use a unique, patented all-electric Gun Active Recoil system within the mounting cradle to provide the recoil. ACME’s gun active recoil is the only weapon training system available anywhere that provides training critical, full force recoil using an electric system. ACME produces unique machine gun weapon training systems that feature full-force, all-electric recoil at full rate of fire. ACME’s weapon training systems combine highly realistic replica (non-weapon) guns, our patented, Gun Active Recoil System (GAR®) weapon cradle, and the electronics to drive it.
The M240, officially Machine Gun, 7.62mm, M240, is the US military designation for the FN MAG (Mitrailleuse d’Appui Général, meaning General Purpose Machine Gun), a family of belt-fed, gas-operated medium machine guns firing the 7.62×51mm NATO cartridge.
The M240 has been used by the United States Armed Forces since the late-1970s. It is used extensively by infantry, most often rifle companies; as well as ground vehicles; watercraft; and aircraft. Despite not being the lightest medium machine gun in service, it is highly regarded for reliability, and its standardization among NATO members is also seen as a major advantage.
All variants are fed from disintegrating belts, and are capable of firing most types of 7.62 mm (.308) NATO ammunition. M240 variants can use non-disintegrating belts (following replacement of a few easily swappable parts). There are significant differences in weight and some features among some versions which restrict interchangeability of parts. The M240s used by the US military are currently manufactured by FN Manufacturing, a US-based branch of FN Herstal.
Standard GAR® Simulator Features:
ACME Gun Active Recoil Simulators offers many standard base features for your Gun solutions.
- Realistically replicates recoil motion, frequency, and intensity
- Adaptable to ANY small arms weapon or trainer
- Works directly with the existing weapon system trainer/simulator firing signals
- Electric motors eliminates expensive blank rounds and maintenance intensive pneumatic systems
- Variable intensity to fine tune recoil
- Easy access to system components for maintenance and tuning
- Ruggedized systems available to adapt actual weapons for field use
- Actual Handles and Triggers
- 120VAC 15A Wall Power or 12/24VDC from Vehicles